Summer is a very trying season. Not only is it hot, it can be very punishing to your body as well. One of the common things to do during summer is sunbathing. True, we can lather our body in a lot of sunscreen but we leave our hair to the sun’s damage too. If you want to avoid leaving the beach with dry, brittle hair, you can follow some of these tips for better hair care during summer:
- If you are going to be sunbathing, lather a good amount of conditioner to your damp hair and wrap a towel around it. This should help keep your hair nourished while you soak as much of the sun’s rays.
- Make sure to wear a hat when you can. Most individuals opt out of wearing a headgear during the summer days because of how hot it can be. It’s actually a good practice to don a cap or a loose hat to keep your hair protected from the sun’s rays or to keep your head cool. These can be quite helpful on the days that the sun shines the brightest.
- Put some love into your hair but nourishing it after a long day out. Your hair can end up damaged and dry after being outside too long. Try to avoid a hot shower and cool off once you get home. Lather a good amount of conditioner and let it sit for a while. Rinse the suds off and gently dry your hair, none of the pulling around and using a hair dryer. Those things can really damage the follicles.
- Reinvigorate your hair with some argan oil after a good bath. Argan oil can help in reviving your hair after a long day. Slowly massage the oil to your scalp and leave it be.
Normally, you’d only worry about your skin when you’re basking under the tan hoping to get a tan. Unfortunately, you’re letting your hair under a lot of harm. By the end of the day, you’d end up with sun-dried, damaged hair. Damaged hair is a bad match to a great tan thus you want to nourish your hair back to its luster to be able to nail the look with your summer glow.
In order to provide some tender loving care to your hair, here are some easy homemade recipes to follow once you’re home:
- Olive oil is heaven sent and can bring the luster back to your locks with ease. Simply warm some olive oil and massage it to your hair. Wrap your hair in some plastic or use a shower cap and let it sit for at least 45 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with shampoo. This will give your share a shine and prevent hair fall.
- You can even make use of egg and mix it with some shampoo. Egg has a lot of protein which helps your hair recover from being damaged under the sun. Apply to your hair and let it sit for 5 minutes before rinsing off your hair.
- If you have some Jojoba oil or argan oil in hand, mix with some avocado and lather to your hair. The healthy fat from avocado can tend to the damaged locks while natural oils are great aid to your hair. Coconut oil is ideal for thick hair since it is a much denser oil. Dampen your hair for a bit then massage the concoction to your hair. Cover your dampened locks with a shower cap with a warm towel wrapped around your head. Let it sit for at least 40 minutes before rinsing it off with some shampoo.