Going to the beach is one of the things one might be looking forward to with the warmer days. Summer is right around the corner and it’s the perfect season to go get some seawater. There’s a lot of things you can do at the beach but there are some things that can’t forget to bring to the beach. If you don’t bring these items, you might not enjoy being at the beach.
- Bring some food and drinks. This might sound very redundant but bringing your own set of food and drinks will save you a lot of money. Normally, you can buy your share of consumables at the stores found by the beach. If you opt to get your own provisions, you can choose what you eat while also having a good amount of liquid to consume while you’re out under the sun.
- A big umbrella to stay under. With the sun providing a lot of its light on a barely shaded strip of land, you’re bound to get your share of sunburn or exhaust yourself with so much heat.
- Sunscreen is a very important item to bring. Since you’re under the sun for hours on end, make sure to put on a good amount. Choose sunscreens that have a wide spectrum and have a high SPF value.
- An extra change of clothes will make your stay smooth. If you’re going to swim, having an extra set of clothes to change into can mean the world. No one wants to wear soaked clothes on the way home.
- Self tanners are helpful if you want to sport a good tan before sunbathing. You can also touch up on some tanning mishaps before you lie under the sun. Summer season is bikini season and everyone wants to show up with a good luck thus a self tanner can certainly touch up on any flaws you have.
Having anything go wrong at the beach must be the least concern you’d probably think of. Unfortunately, anything can happen and if you aren’t careful, you’ll end up with more worries than simply packing less clothing for your trip.
One of the most dangerous things in the beach is the sun. While it is constantly present no matter where we go, we lower our defenses when we’re at the beach and this is where trouble stems from. It’s been known that too much exposure from the sun’s rays can cause a lot of harm. Not only that but persistent exposure of the sun’s UV rays can heighten the chances of getting skin cancer, specifically melanoma.
Thus, to be protected at all times, you’ll want to consider these tips for your trip to the beach:
- Make use of a sunscreen that can block both UVA and UVB. Normally, we’d wade into the waters once the lotion has been applied but that’s actually a wrong way of doing things. You’ll want to let the sunscreen sit for at least thirty minutes before diving into the water or basking under the sun. Additionally, reapply sunscreen every two to three hours; if you sweat a lot, apply as often as possible.
- You’ll want to skip on the contact lenses. Not only is it not an ideal aid during swimming, contact lenses can damage your eyes due to the heat and any possible exposure to the sun. Protect your eyes with the use of sunglasses that have a UV protection coated in them. Don’t leave your lips unattended as well; put on some lip balm that protect your lips from the sun’s UV rays.
- While we can’t be immune to the sea’s temptation, there are specific hours we’ll need to keep tabs on. These hours are when the sun’s rays are at its strongest and staying under the sun during these times can not only give you heat strokes but an even worse condition such as cancer. Try to minimize outdoor activities during these hours, 9 am to
Getting a tan can be easily done. Be it from your backyard or through the means of a tanning bed. However, with the days getting warmer and warmer, you’re sure to wind up in a beach for the summer experience. Thus, if you’re hoping to get much of the vitamin D upon a beach, your best bet is to try these locations as they are best suited to your tanning experience:
Dubai is a great place to go to. With this sprawling beaches and the all-time high sun at its peak, you’re sure enjoy much of your day just basking by the shore.
If you’re hoping to get your tan at a nearer place compared to Dubai, Miami is also a great place to find your tanning fix by the beach. You’ll want to get a ticket to South Beach where you’re going to enjoy a tan from playing a good set of volleyball with friends.
If you’re hoping to douse some unique cultures while enjoying the beach, why not get your tanning at Sentosa Island in Singapore? This island has a lot of activities in store but its pristine sands and the long line of beaches give you the top of the world experience to getting your bronze hue with style.
If you’re hoping to get a trip down south, Hawaii has beaches that are a great place to tan. Being a walk away from where you might be staying, you can lounge under the sun while enjoying your taste of Hawaiian culture. If you’re hoping for a specific spot, Wakiki beach is one of the top destinations to enjoy your vacation.
Greece is a must-go for a Mediterranean beach experience. While Santorini has been garnering quite the fandom, Ios still boasts the most beautiful beaches in this country.
Let’s face it: most of us love the relaxing and rewarding benefits of staying long hours under the sun. What more if we can get to enjoy the lovely view of the beach and natural surrounding? Here are some of the best places to visit this season so you’ve got to satisfy the inner traveler in you and your beach-addict skin.
If you enjoy beach parties and cooking outdoors, you better explore Australia. You might as well have fun with kangaroos instead of snowmen. This is the place where you can bare yourself and embrace the rays of the sun. You can also try day diving to witness the beauty of Great Barrier Reef. If you are tired of lying in the sand, spend some time building sand castles under the sun.
- Canary Islands, Spain
Canary Islands is another beautiful place to get soaked and wet all day. You won’t have to worry about freezing and catching colds here. Cruising and sun bathing are just some of the things you can enjoy alone or with your loved ones. If you love extreme sports, there are many water sports to try. Whether you love watching the sea or being at the sea, Canary Islands can offer you warmth and comfort this Christmas.
Most Asian countries have longer summer. In fact, there are places there that have only two seasons: rainy season and sunny season. While the sun is up, you have all the chance to fulfill your sun bathing addiction. Thailand is known as the “land of smiles” and the beaches are well known tourist spots. You can also find inner peace here by getting acquainted to nature and exploring Buddhist temples.
No, desert doesn’t mean NO FUN. In fact, the thought of visiting Dubai can result to a long shopping list! This is a great place to visit for shopaholics and beauty enthusiast alike. You can get romantic or adventurous here. If you’d like a piece of the dazzling sea water, go kayaking in the Arabian Gulf.
- Bora Bora
If you are looking for an island escapade, then Bora Bora is the ideal getaway for you. You will be impressed with the mesmerizing views of the lagoon and barrier reef. The breathtaking freshness of water will make you swim all day. Tap the beach goddess in you by visiting Matira Beach and Coral Gardens. If you want to get yourself pampered with natural beauty (especially if your skin is begging for your kindness), do watch the remarkable sunset in Bora Bora.