Getting the perfect tan is one of the hardest things to achieve even to a tanning enthusiast. A lot of things can go wrong and it can lead to a bad experience when it comes to tanning. If you’d like to get the right tan for your face and body, you might resort to a doing a lot just to get the perfect tan. Tanning shouldn’t be such a stressful activity thus to ease the inconvenience, you can get the even tan on your face and body by following these steps:
- Before you do your tanning, make sure to do your exfoliating and waxing ahead. Waxing should be two days before you tan while exfoliating should be a day at the least. This gives way for your skin to heal and pores to close before you tan. No one wants their pores to be very pronounced especially if you use self tanners as a tanning method.
- If you’re going for sunbathing, make use of tanning oils. Coconut oil or olive oil can help speed up the tanning process so you don’t stay too long under the sun. Lather on both sides and make sure to tan at a specific time of the day. By being of the time you are sunbathing, you are optimizing the presence of the sun and the even distribution of the sun’s rays onto your skin.
- For those who would make use of tanning beds, you may opt for lesser clothing and a good sunscreen for protection. Don’t forget to put on your protection goggles and remain still. It’s not for people who are claustrophobic but tanning beds help provide a concentrated set of UV rays to tan.
- If all else fail from the methods above, self tanners are a great approach to getting the perfect tan. Since you can control the saturation of the tanner, you can distribute an even tone on your face and body.
Getting a great tan is the first step, trying to make it last is another. We’ve come across numerous complaints how tan can be easily removed or tampered. We surely don’t want to have an unsightly or imperfect tan despite our efforts nor do we want to shorten the time we have a tan. If you want to keep your tan looking great for quite some tip, you can follow some of these tips:
– Before you do your tan, exfoliate beforehand. Exfoliating makes way for younger skin which can be easily tanned or where self tanner can easily adhere to.
– Avoid the beach or showering with hot water. The salt content in the beach is going to dry your skin which hot water does as well. Dry skin is a bad recipe for tanned skin as it can lead to flaking off of various sections which cause a flawed tan.
– Keep yourself hydrated and moisturized. This is to add further context how dry skin is disruptive to a great tan. Make sure to use moisturizers or creams that are free of retinol since this chemical can easily wipe your self tan. Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to keep your water content in a good spot.
– Make use of sunscreen when you go. Just because you have tanned skin doesn’t mean you are already protected from the sun’s damage. One can still get sunburned despite having tanned skin so it’s a good practice to lather some sunscreen before heading out. For this concern, opt for a sunscreen that provides a wide spectrum and a high value of SPF.
– Make use of self tanners. You don’t always have all season to get your tan and chances are, it’d be too chilly to bask outside of your house. Self tanners give you that extra boost of keeping your tan without putting you through hours on end under the sun or inside a tanning bed.
Sunbathing can do a lot of damage to one’s skin. It’s not surprising as your putting your body under the sun for hours on end. But why is sunbathing so appealing? It’s one of the ways to get tanned skin. Tanned skin has become quite an appealing beauty complement that numerous individuals have clamored to get as much of the sun’s rays as possible. With the summer glow on your skin, taking care of your body comes next.
Firstly, after sunbathing, you may want to cool off. Try to restore your liquids first before doing anything and stay in the shade. Remember, resting your skin is very important to keeping it healthy especially after exposing it under the sun. Opt for a cool shower instead of a hot one. This helps cool your body off as well as relaxes your skin from sunbathing.
Right after patting the moisture dry, moisturize. Moisturizing is important to keeping healthy skin. If you’re very diligent in keeping your skin well-hydrated, you can keep your tan longer while also maintain a glowing tone. It’s never a wrong idea to drink at least eight glasses of water a day while also keeping your skin care regimen.
Avoid getting to a pool or swimming too long in the sea. The chlorine found in pools can lighten one’s skin tone which will ruin your efforts of sunbathing. For seawater, absorbing too much can lead to dry skin. Dry skin can flake and peel off which makes an unsightly tan. If you can’t help it, try to limit your time in the pool or swimming in the sea. It’s also a good idea to lather some lotion or creams right after.
Keep your skin well-protected by using a sunscreen. Your tanned skin is highly susceptible to harm so try to bolster it up by using some high SPF sun block.
Exfoliating is an integral part to getting good skin. Normally, our body sheds the excess layer of dead skin cells or impurities that clings to our skin. Most individuals do not advise exfoliating unless you’re in your late twenties or early thirties. However, exfoliating can sort out uneven skin due to the layer of impurities that cling to our bodies. Exfoliating is also a great way to remove one’s tan.
While there’s a lot of benefits to exfoliating one’s skin, it can be an uncomfortable experience if you don’t know how to do it properly. Exfoliating too much will cause your skin to become too sensitive or scratch easily. It’s also susceptible to sunburn since your skin is too sensitive. The maximum number of times you should exfoliate is twice a week. Give each session a good number of days.
One more concern to do proper exfoliation is the medium you are using. Using synthetic body scrubs can easily aggravate the skin leaving scratches and other lesions. This is a very uncomfortable experience and cause scarring in dire cases. Using a loofa is good but if you leave it to dry in the bathroom, it can promote the growth of fungi and other microorganisms. Thus, in future uses of a loofa, you might just put more harm to your skin than help.
If you’d like to make use of an exfoliating glove, there is also Thermalabs exfoliating mitt which is crafted from organic sources while not being too harsh on your skin. Using a glove helps in easily maneuvering your exfoliating.
If you’d like to use home ingredients, you can use some brown sugar or even oatmeal as a means of organic exfoliators. These exfoliating choices are not abrasive and can also help keep your skin moisturized after each exfoliating session.