If you want to have smooth and glowing skin then you have to take good care of your skin. One way to do that is by exfoliating. Exfoliation is the process of removing the dead cells sitting in the skin’s surface. What do you feel after you exfoliate your skin? You’ll notice that your skin becomes smoother and has fresher look. You should know that it’s not only the face that needs to be exfoliate, your body needs it too especially those dark part areas. Your scalp, lips, hand and feet also needs exfoliation in order to get rid of its skin problem.
What are the DOs and DON’Ts that we need to remember when exfoliating? Let’s start with the DOs that you should remember:
- Be gentle when exfoliating your skin either your face or your body.
- Be cautious when choosing a brand. Just to make sure it will not harm your skin.
- Read and follow the instructions at the back of the product.
- Choose an exfoliation product that has smaller beads.
- The best time to exfoliate is in the morning when you take a bath or shower.
- The proper way of applying exfoliation product is in circular motion.
In contrary, here are the DON’Ts that you should remember:
- Do not over exfoliate your skin. Remember, your goal is to have a smoother and glowing skin, overdoing it may ruin your goal.
- Limit your application of exfoliation product when it is summer because it will be easier for the sun to damage your skin.
- Do not use the same product of exfoliation in your face and body. The product you use on your face is different from your body.
- Don’t exfoliate your skin so often. Exfoliate once or twice a week.
- Avoid using glycolic acid products, it will only irritate your skin.