It’s almost summer time and people love being outside and going to the beaches under the sun. During these times, people try to get a tan by sunbathing under the sun. The sunshine makes our skin look better but a little too much of it will be dangerous for the skin. A longer period of time under the rays of the sun will cause sunburn that may lead to the development of skin cancer or melanoma.
Pre-tanning does not help!
It’s true that the process of your skin having a tan is an indication that it is protecting itself from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. So having even a small tan color of your skin means that your skin has undergone damage. Getting a pre-tan before sunbathing is dangerous and if you think that having that brown-colored skin will protect you from the UV rays, you are absolutely wrong. Having a normal dark colored skin will protect itself from the sunlight naturally, but tanned skin does not. It’ll just cause more damage to your skin and you’ll surely develop more sunburns and eventually, skin cancer.
Sunbed tanning is not safer!
Sunbed tanning is as dangerous as sunbathing because both methods allows your body to be exposed to UV rays. It’s better to go straight to the beach and go sunbathing than getting a tan indoors. At least outside in the beach, you can control the time of exposure you have under the sun. Inside these sunbeds, you are exposed to the UV light for a period of time and this will cause damage to your skin cells. To make things worse, it’s not advisable to let yourself be exposed to the sun when you got your tan indoors because you’ll be prone to more skin damage as your skin will not have time to heal.
To make things short, if you plan to get a tan, do it naturally and carefully under the sun. But be careful because our skin is helpless if you exposed it too much to UV light. Having all of that said, getting a pre-tan before sunbathing will not solve anything and it will make things worse.
Its summer vacation again and you can’t take off your mind the excitement of going to the beach. Whether you’re going just to have fun or to flaunt some skin, here are some tips to help make your summer vacation a memorable one.
Nothing is more important than to plan ahead.
- Plan your budget. You don’t want to be running out of cash once you are there.
- If you are the sporty type, you might want to throw-in some more runs to the gym a few weeks before to tone your body.
- Whether using natural or any of those commercial body scrubs, make sure to shed all those old skin cells before going to the beach so you would look fresh and radiant.
- Choose your swimwear. Wear something that looks good and sexy to you and at the same time comfortable. Remember, while you can wear anything that you want, you don’t want to be the laughing stock of the beach. People will see you and you want to look hot.
- Unless it’s the latest beach trend, there is nothing more un-sexier than to have hairy legs and armpits. Visit your favorite salon to have a shave or wax.
Enjoying the Sun
Never forget to apply sunscreen and moisturizing creams. This is very important because not only it will protect you from the harmful rays of the sun, it will keep your skin radiant and glowing. You can also apply self-tanners to even out those tan lines.
Re-hydrate every now and then especially if you are involved in many beach activities i.e. beach volleyball. Drink plenty of water and eat fruits that are high in water content.
Wash out all the salt from your hair at the end of the day. Use heavy conditioners and moisturizing shampoo to make your hair look gorgeous as too much exposure to the sun makes your hair dry and fizzle.
And lastly, enjoy your time and have fun at the beach.
If you own a spray tan equipment, it’s best that you take care of it for it to function well and take care of you in return. Your equipment will be your best friend in getting a perfect tan so you might as well treat it properly so you can get the best out of it. Most of the spray tan equipment products comes in with a guide so you better check it out and read the dos and don’ts when it comes to your equipment. Not doing so may well end up causing failure to the equipment and worse, ruin your chances of getting a glowing tan on your body. In order to keep your equipment refined and safe to use, here are some tips to help:
Clean it regularly
- Clean the equipment regularly and thorough in order to remove the residue that is left in the equipment. Better clean it right after you use it.
- In cleaning the equipment, use a soft cloth to keep the cleaning process light and prevent scratches to your spray.
- Give special attention to the filter in order to prevent causing serious problems in the future. Use warm water to clean and make sure you know where the filter is located in your equipment in order to not messing it up accidentally.
Have it be inspected regularly
- In order to be 100% confident in your spray tan equipment’s performance, you should let it be inspected by a professional technician. They will make sure that your equipment will be running smoothly.
- At the moment you notice that your spray tan equipment is not functioning well, have it be repaired by the manufacturers. Don’t do it by yourself.
- Even though you clean your machine to minimize regularly, if the product is old or you’ve had it for a long time, it might need some new replacement parts and can be determined by the professionals.
If you follow these simple tips in taking care of your spray tan equipment, your machine will definitely run smoothly and will be always ready to get you the tan you want anytime.
By the name itself, skin cancer is a cancerous malignant growth of the skin. The cancer starts be forming cells that lingers in your skin cells and then evolve into dangerous cells that would later on kill the normal cells of the skin. Although having to consider this as a cancer, it is unlike the other cancers that would spread throughout your body and eventually kill the human body. The two major types of skin cancer is the basal cell carcinoma and the squamous cell carcinoma. There is another type which is the Melanoma but its cases are very rare but is more life-threatening than the other two types.
Some of the cases of skin cancer are hard to find out what causes them and where it came from. But in most cases, the skin cancer occurs with too much exposure to ultraviolet radiation. The International Agency for Research on Cancer also concluded that UVR is in their list of the most dangerous cancer-causes substances. Ultraviolet radiation (UVR) is encountered in tanning salons and of course, solar UV radiation. The most common source of this is by tanning unnaturally. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, there are more than 419,000 cases of skin cancer in the US alone that was caused by indoor tanning resulting in 245,000 cases of basal cell carcinomas, 168,000 squamous cell carcinomas, and 6,200 melanomas. This is very alarming considering the fact that there are still many people that go to tanning salons. More than a million Americans do this on an average day.
Treatments for skin cancer
Once again skin cancer is most of the time not life-threatening and it can be cured by undergoing treatments and therapy. There are many ways to cure a skin cancer, it also depends in the location and size of the tumor as well as the characteristics of the cancer whether what type it is and of course the health of the patient is to be considered also. These are some of the treatments that can cure a skin cancer:
- Tropical medication (using creams, gels, and other solutions)
- Electrodessication and curettage (destroying the cells via electric needle)
- Surgical excision (removing tumors surgically)
- Mohs micrographic surgery (removing the microscopic tumors)
- Radiation therapy (giving high dose of radiation to the tumor)
- Cyrosurgery (cancerous tissue destroyed by freezing)
These are some of the ways one can treat and cure a skin cancer. But all of them are very expensive like most cancer treatments. It is said by the Skin Cancer Foundation that the annual cost of undergoing these skin cancer treatments by the patients in the US is estimated at $8.1 billion. Cases of skin cancer is increasing and it is important that people know how to avoid having skin cancer.