Exfoliation is the process wherein you remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. By doing so, you can prevent small debris from clogging your pores and lead to skin infection like acme. This also helps keep your skin looking young. A reliable measure you can take to achieve this is by using a facial wash that contains particles that can remove dead skin cells on your skin.
When exfoliating your face, it is vital that you follow these reminders:
- Keep your hair away from your face. You can use headbands or hairnets to prevent hair strands from falling on your face.
- Remove your makeup and wash your face using a regular cleanser. It is important that your face is free of chemicals for an effective exfoliation.
- You can steam your face to open your pores, making it easier for you to remove dirt and other forms of debris clogging the pores of your skin. You can also wet a clean cloth using hot water and then covering your face with it for one to two minutes. Doing so has the same effect as exposing your face to steam.
- You can try a chemical or physical approach when it comes to exfoliating your face. You can use an over-the-counter scrub or you can make your own exfoliating scrub. You only need to put three tablespoons of regular white sugar into a small bowl. You then add one tablespoon of water and mix it with your finger until it forms a thick paste. Use your finger or put the paste onto a clean and soft washcloth or rag. Afterwards, gently, scrub the paste in a small, upward, and circular motion over your face to remove dead skin cells. Refrain from applying too much pressure on your face. Just let the paste do its job of exfoliating your skin.
- Rinse the scrub off thoroughly using lukewarm water and then splash cold water on your face. This should close the pores, keeping further debris from clogging your facial pores. Take off the scrub after and enjoy the youthful sensation on your skin. Pat your face gently when you are done.
- Apply a moisturizer or anti-aging cream on your face. You can also apply sunscreens or sunblock if you plan to go outdoors.
- You have the choice to apply these methods during the night before you go to sleep.
- Make sure to exfoliate your face using products meant to be used on your face.
In normal conditions, you can do this at least twice a week. On the other hand, if you have sensitive or delicate skin, do this only at least once a week. Exfoliating your face should not be tough. By applying these tips, you can start keeping your face looking young and healthy.